What It Is
Lessonator™ is a tool for creating beautiful music slideshow presentations on your Mac. It's like a mashup between Apple’s Keynote™ and Garageband™, where each slide is an animated music score. Lessonator creates and plays interactive slideshows containing 3d instruments, audio, video, notation (standard & tabs), images, diagrams and text. These slideshows are interactive because they can animate, ask questions, receive answers and track your musical progress.
Who It Is For
- Anyone who wants to learn or teach guitar, bass, keyboards or music theory.
- Anyone who wants to present musical information to others -- class, seminar, clinic, etc.
- Musicians who want to play interactive slideshows (.lesson).
- Musicians who want to create interactive slideshow (.lesson) for himself/herself or for others.
- Music teachers who want to create professional-looking music courses including tests and exercises.
- Music authors & publishers (magazines, book, web) who want to complement their written material with downloadable interactive slideshows.
- Hobbyists who want to see downloaded tabs being animated in 3D for fun and/or better comprehension.
Familiar Slide Interface
Slides in Lessonator look and operate just like other presentation packages, except each have a animated 3D instrument and music notation.
If you’ve ever used Apple’s Keynote™, you already know how to use Lessonator™:
- Create slides (⇧⌘N)
- Add images, movies, music notation, tables & 2d vector images on a slide canvas. (⌘.)
- Play back the presentation in full screen, showing each slide one at a time. (option⌘P)
- (⌘T) See the 3D instrument spin in 3D!
Each slide is made of 3 graphical layers: back, 3D instrument and front. This design provides a wide range of graphical possibility. Each layer can be textured and image-processed independently to achieve unique looks and effects.
Choose amongst a flexible set of slide templates for guitar, bases or keyboards. Then select a model within your chosen instrument. Use the template as a starting point to get the look you want.
High-resolution 3D guitars, bases and keyboards are generated on the fly from 2D CAD drawings. This means that your slideshow (.lesson) files remain small and very portable. All instruments can be customized using your own textures or those generated by the system.
Visual Chord Sequencing
An innovative visual chord sequencer helps you quickly define a MIDI background track for the duration of a slide. Play back the slide and see the chords being applied to the active 3D instrument - just like magic.
Exercises let you test your knowledge by asking questions and taking in answers -- all visually using animated slide cells and 3D instruments. Test your accuracy and response time. Tabulate the result at the end of the slideshow. So much fun, you'll forget that you're actually learning!
Animate Your Tabs!
Bring your tabs to life by loading them into Lessonator. See them animate in real time as the correct finger position is shown to you in real time on a 3D instrument. You'll never go back to flat boring tabs again.
Illustrated Music Theory
Unlike simple tab or music notation players or editors, Lessonator contains music theory tables and illustrations to help you visualize what you are hearing. One picture is worth a thousand words and one animation can make those words easier to remember.